Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cassie Boddington's Water Song Reflection

For me this song is a beckoning of self-emptying, humbling yourself and making yourself nothing. It is calling me to release my pride in vulnerability, fears, self-glory and to go to the lowest place within myself and within the body of Christ. It is calling me to have a joyful spirit while being a servant to the body of Christ even to the lowest places on earth. It is calling for an “attitude that should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Who Being in very nature of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man he humbled himself and became obedient to death-even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.” (Philippians 2:5-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment