Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chanelle Freese's Water Song Reflections

Down, down, down, deeper into the dark, oh yeah, but with a dark look on my face and a posture that shows it... This is my confession of what interpreting this song might look like in my life ... When Christ is calling me to humility, I have the choice to release my "sweet will" and "go down lower still", but what is my heart saying, what do my eyes speak of, how does my life represent Christ as He calls me to the depths of His will? Is it really happy to go low? Well, these waters speak of happiness and enthusiasm and urges and ...pain.

I am afraid of pain, why would I want to go low and be humbled and feel pain? Because we have been commanded to follow these moving waters, to the valley and to the answering of the call. This call, to grow and to experience the depths of the valley, so that when we rise again, we are stronger and joyful because of it. To be able to go down with grace is a terribly hard lesson to learn though. Submitting my will to Christ first off, is very difficult for me to do, but to do it with grace, humility and enthusiasm!

Thankfully, it is a process, and the waters flow at a pace that won't be more than we are able to handle so, Lord, "let us away- lower, lower every day"...



No comments:

Post a Comment